Tuesday, January 29, 2008

BEST FRIENDS!!!

Life is amazing.. There must have been ups.. There must have been downs. It’s not just for you and me. It is a theory every living creature faces. Life’s like that.. In the end, when you look back, you will notice that some people came to your life.. stayed for a little while… make you happy.. and they go away… Some people… they come to your life… make you sad and then…. they just leave you and go away.. Sometimes.. there are people who come to your life.. stay with you… but it doesn’t make a difference in your life. They just stay that way forever. Some people.. they just come to your life.. shower your life with happiness.. change the colour of your life… and they just stay with you. They never leave you. They’ll be there with you forever.. whenever you’re happy or sad… because.. that’s what they just do….. What do you call them?? You call them.. BEST FRIENDS… Yeah.. everybody deserves to have a best friend. It sure makes you feel that you’re not alone in this world!!

Hey Konga… are you there?? Hope you’re reading this too. I know you do. I’m going to write about you nutcase!! Yeah.. I’m really going to tell my friends what a nutcase you are… and if they ever meet you.. I’m warning them to stay away from you loony girl!! J J Hehe!

Anyways guys…that’s her.. My best friend.. Let’s call her Konga cz that’s her pet name. Yeah yeah.. what an odd name!! That’s what you thought, right? Well.. her cousin brother invented that name of cause. Some think it’s African.. like um… ‘Kongo’.. And NO!! It’s not the female version of ‘King- Kong’..

One sunny day in 1993, I met her for the 1st time.. back in school. I was in year 7 then. She was a newcomer to the class. At that time.. I was suppose to hang around with this other girl cz she has chosen me for this… well.. how shall I put it?? Ok.. it was like.. when she wanted to go to the principal’s office.. she would grab me & go.. And when she wanted to go to the library.. she wanted me to come too. That was all. I was so sad. Konga came from this girl’s school.. and this girl.. introduced me to Konga… That’s how it began.. Little by little.. we became best friends..

My friends know what a bookworm.. what a music maniac and what a movie addict I am! I clearly accuse you Konga!! You see… She told me Enid Blyton’s books are interesting.. So I wanted to know what’s so interesting about them too. In the end.. we ended up with a competition… “Who finishes reading the library 1st, wins”!! She was the one who introduced me the ‘concept’ of keeping a songbook. I decorated my songbook with pictures.. stickers… and drawings… specially with little red hearts.. I was so little then. One day my mom saw it and yelled “What are these hearts doing in this book?? You’re only 12!!” So.. I had to transform the hearts into circles.. to make my mom happy. In those days.. Boyzone was like… “Ohmigooood”.. and BSB was like “Gracious! Look at them!!”.. Ace of Base.. Brain Adams.. (He’s soooooo handsome…that was us in the 8th Grade) What about Peter Andre?? Wow.. What a cool haircut he had then?? (But hey…look how they have aged now!! Scary!) She was very good at smuggling their pictures into school.. clever girl…(sorry Konga!! Don’t kill me ok?) So.. she used to show me the pictures of them in magazines.. The mega movie mania started with Titanic. One day.. she showed me Jack Dawson’s ( Leo Di Caprio) picture.. For us.. he was too cute then. I saw him on Blood Diamond last year… He was totally like… stricken by lighting or something.. See what has happened to me and Konga’s school time hero?? Anyways.. that’s how it all started.

I used to collect feathers back then.. & we would roam around the school everyday.. with our noses close to the ground… searching for feathers. Whenever we find a new one.. it was like… we just discovered a new bird specie… Then came the netball times.. We used to practice netball after school.. before the school vans come to pick us up. We played as a team of cause.. My team represented by me.. and her team… proudly represented by her. Waiting for the school vans was interesting too.. There was this cute guy in a cab.. who comes to pick her sister. His mom drives… and he sits in the front seat.. Me and Konga.. we decided ‘we’ll share the dude’ and ummm… we purposely became friendly with the little girl.. to know the guy’s name and school.. I can’t remember the guy’s name now.. but I can remember the other guy’s name… It was Suresh. He too.. we see everyday after school.. in a school bus. He was so cute.. and we named him “Eeshwara”… named after the sacred Hindu god… hehe..

We had a secret society at school.. and Konga was the leader. I remember me creating the badges.. and we had a secret pass and a password.. Konga & me.. we still remember the pass.. & we clap our hands to that pass…sometimes even now… The sole purpose of our secret society was to find out what ‘The Misfits’ were up to.. The Misfits were our rival society… Their inspiration was then-so-famous cartoon ‘Gem’.. which comprised of 4 singing girls. Once we created a treasure hunt for The Misfits. They had to follow the clues hidden in places around school. I can’t remember what the treasure was.. but I remember not giving them the prize.. a kiddies chocolate.. I don’t know why we didn’t give it.. Maybe they asked for other’s help I think…

Konga’s real name is Seegiri.. Since we were the bestest best friends in the school… (I believe we were, truly).. we ended up having a nickname too…Our friends started calling us Seegiri – Dambulu…

Before every vacation.. we shared ‘happy holidays’ cards. We made our own cards.. and gave to our friends. 2 years ago.. when I visited her place.. she showed me all of those cards… Wesak cards… Christmas cards… New year cards as well.. We used to write to each other during the vacations.. They were not ordinary letters… They ran for pages and pages… pictures.. drawings… stickers and all… In every letter.. you get a beautiful surprise… Some nice sticker or a beautiful card. The bundle of letters… was really heavy. Really heavy!! Once we started to write a detective story. It was about a treasure hunt. She still keeps it with her.. and we had a good laugh reading it again.

Konga and I.. we needed to be in the same class always.. When we were ‘promoted’ to year 9, we had to select Commerce, Agriculture or Home Science as a subject. I really wanted to select Agriculture… She was interested in Commerce.. But.. definitely.. we’ll be in 2 classes then. Commerce was OK for me as well.. but she hated Agriculture.. So I decided to take Commerce, instead.. Lucky us!! The teachers divided the ‘Commerce’ people into 3 classes.. and we got separated… Damn! In the A/L classes too.. we were in 2 classes.. but we were best friends.. always.. I only told you the nutty part of us.. Now I’m going to tell you the best part about a best friend.

Konga is the kind of a best friend every girl should have. She’s so fun to be with.. totally crazy.. and she’s good to talk to.. always.. She is a good listener and a good talker too.. All this time… whenever I have a problem.. I always talk to her.. sometimes we talk for hours and hours.. Let me tell you some of those moments. When her boyfriend cheated on her (Oh I hate that guy!) we had a long talk. We were sitting in the staircase of the BMICH.. and talked for hours.. When my boyfriend dumped me… uh… actually.. when he cheated on me.. I really needed to talk to somebody.. So we talked and talked… An year later.. when I still couldn’t forget him.. she asked me to come over to her place. We went out.. had a late night chat… spent hours and hours talking… and when the weekend was over.. I was completely over with my guy.. No strings attached!! I thought it will never happen.. I thought I’d never be able to forget him and move on… For me.. it was impossible.. But my best friend did it… It was like magic. Today.. I’m happily moving on… having a wonderful time.. enjoying life at its best… thanks to her. I can’t thank her enough for doing it.

Sometimes… we go to a movie.. go for a lunch.. or.. meet up for a talk.. We usually meet in the chat too… It feels great to have such a good and crazy best friend.. That’s one good thing my life gave me.. and I’m so very thankful for that. Anyways guys… she has a blog too.. drop in.. have a read and see for yourself if she’s really crazy or not.. The blog address is..
http://city-ofangels.blogspot.com/ The crazy comments in my blog are mostly her handiwork!! One last thing… Guys… she’s single.. She’s super slim.. fair.. has long hair.. and good looking.. (Er… the ‘good looking part’, Konga.. I had to add.. otherwise it’s not nice I guess!!).. Seriously guys.. she looks good… Yes I’m looking for a good guy for her (She’s gonna kill me men!).. But.. the guy who gets my best friend… will be the luckiest guy in the whole world.. She’s the perfect girl for a guy.. So guys.. Once again.. she’s single ok??

Before I wind up.. I wanna say…. A biiig “Thank Yoooooooo” for all of you my friends, including my best friend Konga… You guys are the reason I’m so happy in this world…

6 comments:

wAsAnA said...

Hey Dj..
Ok.. now im crying.. really i am.. im so touched.. n da reason is that U made me cry gal..

WOW! am i that Gr8? Ok.. let me comment lyk this.. letz.. c.. Konga.. yep that is my pet name.. bt i l alwys be ur "sunshine" rembr.. ? Wolf BABE ? .. u knw wt .. i m finishing my blog abt U .. so u be ready for that my fair lady..

..n guys if u r reading this.. plz.. note that, i prefer bn single.. cz.. its such a burden to love someone else..whn u get ur heart broken.. (Oh. my Lvn Dj..yeah i l kill u next time whn i see u..so if u went missing from ur blog.. the ones who r readin this wil knw the reason..)

The name of the guy u 4got was SUPUN.. rembr . the SUPUN sanda.. wts his sis's name.. err.. i cant rembt that..

u knw.. since all of u peopl reading KEMALIs blog knws my blog adrs.. u guyz chk it to see wt i have to say abt my LOVING BEST FRND Dj..

I Love YOU my BEST FRND!! UMMMA ! N nothings gonna stop us bn frnds til our last breath.. !!

Kemali said...

Um.. Konga.. ThatSupun sanda's sister's name is... Ashani :)

Anonymous said...

You seem to mention your love failure often. Is that something deliberately done?

I am not much familiar in that area, but I think people just bloat around about love-affairs, love faiures, etc.. And those exaggerations accelerate the feelings, refresh their memories focuses the concentration on that issue too much. And again they bloat around... again it accelerates... You got the point, right?

Stop talking and thinking about those bad memories. Move on with other stuff. You have a huge life ahead!

wAsAnA said...

Dear anonymous,
As u have mentioned that ""I am not much familiar in that area"" (bt u may hv at least a tiny %) how WOULD u possibly knw abt geting ur HEART broken as DJ did ? u need to go tro the MILL to find it out my frnd.. n there r ways people let go of things in their lives.. some tend to write it off.. or talk it off.. n sm would KILL it OFF .. if u knw wt i mean.. bt yea i DO agree with u on one thing....if u talk abt those things often..it wil refresh the bad n SAD memories..TRUE! bt may be one DAY u wil find it out(bt im HOPING n PRAYING that u wldnt) then u l hv a change of heart.. (nothing personal bt jst making a comment on wt u said )

Cheers
KoNgA !

Anonymous said...

since ur writin a lot about others why dont u write somethin nice & sweet ,bout me and my love life, how I dumped My x?
How lucky u r 2 hav me as a sis ect. ect, ect....

Anonymous said...

Its like a fairy tale compared to ma broken life.