Thursday, January 24, 2008

WHY YOU SHOULD DRINK GREEN TEA…

In the last week of November 2007, we (we being the people of my project in the office) went a trip to the Cinnamon Lodge, Habarana. It was a great trip. We had so much fun. Now.. you must be wondering what’s the relationship between my trip and green tea!! Hold on.. let me tell you slowly…cz this trip was my pathway to find the wonders of green tea. Me.. with 2 of my friends.. we cycled our way around a lake for 2 hours. I always loved cycling. But being a puffy pig.. I ended up with aching ribs and torturing legs. Actually.. my whole body was aching. No wonder there of cause!! We sit in front of computers almost 12 hours a day, without any exercise and gobbling up junk food. And when we start some exercise all of a sudden, this happens.

That’s the time I started to wonder why I’m turning in to a shapeless barrel. After a few days, the aching was over, and I started exercising. I was skeleton thin some years back.. and I loved it. So sad to remember those good days… Anyways.. then I heard about green tea.. a good medicine for all you want-to-be-slim girls. Yes… good news, isn’t it? It sure reduces weight! I feel that I’m loosing weight in a good speed. Believe me…! It really REALLY works! Now.. I only gave you girls the best thing about green tea. I went through an interesting PowerPoint presentation today, which listed the benefits of green tea. So.. have a look people.. Here you go!

- Green tea leaf extract contains EGCG, a powerful antioxidant, 200 times more potent than vitamin E.
- It’s rich in bioflavonoid and protects against digestive and respiratory infections.
- It has thermogenic effects that aids in weight loss without causing jitters or other unwanted side effects.
- Green tea extract helps decrease hormone activity and is an effective treatment for acne.
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Lowers blood sugar
- Green tea helps to reduce the incidences of colon, bladder, esophageal, pancreas, rectal and stomach cancer by up to 60%. The antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate in green tea is very effective in fighting these forms of cancers.
- Increases metabolic rate
- Boosts immune system and mental alertness
- Green tea extract also protects against liver damage.
- Green tea helps to stop the development of blood clots which lead to strokes and heart attacks.
- Green tea helps to promote oral health by destroying the bacteria that forms plaque.
- Green tea helps todestroy free radicals.

There you go!! Interesting, isn’t it? So….What are you waiting for??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm..
Interesting...

wAsAnA said...

Green TEA ? Dj.. 1st of ALL u R NOT FAT Dummy ! u look Perfect.. ok.. may be a little OVER weighted.. nywys.. u found da cure to loze weight..bt wat be me? cn u CURSE me again..Capt. Jack to gain a little.. DJ (Davi Jones)?

Anonymous said...

hmm, well I have heard it b4, but never gave a try. Now look,,, I'm sitting in front of the computer almost 14-18 hours daily for about 5 years. But I have no prob with dat. I have a good figure (lol) and better capability of stretching than most. Its just the pose you r in. Trust me.... the way you sit or sleep + good foods can make a big different. What is the point of eating a lot and drinking green tea? Woof, dat makes me laugh.