Sunday, July 12, 2009

PURPLE AND WHITE FLOWERS...

This might be a little bit older to share, I guess. But last night, I couldn’t help remembering about my birthday. It was a flowery one. I got 4 bouquets of flowers.. all pretty and lovely. My friends have decorated my cubicle so nicely.. and I practically lived that day in my cubicle, surrounded by loads of red and white floating balloons, with red and white ribbons hanging as their tails. I got so many gifts… cards and surprises. My best friend showed up with her partner in crime (wink wink, Konga) with a biiig ship… and a green gram bunny toy. It was a big medal ship andI lvvvvvd it! Then again, my best guy friend showed up in the evening as well and confused me in BIG time.. :P

Now.. This is about the flowers I got. One was from my very good friend Vani.. Second : From my good and great buddies of vClub. Third : A bunch of lovely red roses from my darling VB. All three… lovely as the word implies! But this is about the 4th bouquet.

Early in the morning, when I was walking to the office, a guy was waiting for me till I pass him.. and he was holding these lovely flowers in his hand. I looked at the flowers… and when I was passing him, he said “Hey… These are for you..” I was like.. let’s say.. dumbstuck.. yeah.. that’s the word.. I was like.. “Who are you?? How?? What??” Then he waited a moment for me to calm down. Then he started speaking. “These are from your best guy friend.”.. My blog buddies, you all know that my best friend passed away almost one and a half year ago, right? I was just staring at him. “Before he was taken to the hospital.. two days before he passed away.. he has told his brother that he so much wanted to send some flowers for you on your 28th birthday. He wanted them to be purple and white. Here they are.. This is his brother, making his wish come true.. and I’m his brother’s friend”..

All I could remember was.. my eyes filling with tears. The next moment, I was hugging the flowers and holding them so tight… so that they would not fall out from my hands. But I was happy… Happy as I could be. This is how much my dear best friend.. my brother cared about me. How fortunate I was, to have a best friend like him in my life…

At the end of the day.. this little thing came to my head.. and I was thinking how true it is.. People who really care about you, will always care about you.. even if they die.. People who are no more in this world are trying to make you happy… and it’s the LIVING people in the world are the ones who try to play with your life.. screw it and make you feel miserable. Bad people are always bad. Good people are always good.. and that ‘goodness’ remains even after they die..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yap Kem, According to ur FB photos celebration day of ur birth was lovely.. hmm according to ur blog it should be both surprised and lovable day bz of unexpected bouquet .. nice nice …
Gayani..........