Sunday, July 5, 2009

THE LONG WEEKEND....

The long weekend is finally here! Wow..!! It means good food.. friends and relaxation, is it? Duh! Not for me, unluckily. I’ve been having…. Say… like 12 weddings and Home Comings from the end of May till today. It’s still gonna continue since my best friend’s sister’s wedding is also in the next weekend. Every week, I had a wedding or a two. My salaries disappear like magic! The Girl on the Move has got poor in big time, guys. Yesterday night also I had a Home Coming. A nice romantic, fun filled one, though. Really enjoyed being in it. Btw, how do you spend the weekend, guys? I want to know how yours is different from mine. Just to know whether I’m having an abnormal routine or not..! :D

Friday evening, I went to MC with J Girl to get some bling blings for her and to get my mini-Ferrari after the fix. The work was OK on Friday, so I managed to get out around 5 o’clock. Well.. The mini-Ferrari is really my Camera. It started giving me Goosebumps when it started throwing some sort of a Lens Error and hesitated to ‘zoom’. I love the camera so much, and this one place was the only place I could find to fix it. It was not really on Friday anyway, so I had to go empty handed. I love window shopping, but this time, J Girl & me.. we bought some stuff. For you to know: there’s a nice bling bling shop in MC, just under those two new palm trees. Worth for the money you spend, girls. I got a bag (like one those 2 graders use) and J Girl got her bling blings as well. We grabbed some Submarines from the KFC for dinner and headed to our homes.

Saturday – The Home Coming day. J Girl and I are going for it. Breakfast of Egg hoppers from home. Left home around 10 in the morning. Went to the camera repair shop to get my mini-Ferrari. Why I call it that? Gosh! It took me a fortune to get it fixed. I’ll just say that the cost is a 5 figure number. Jeez! My SALARYYY!! :-S It’s like you’re using a Ferrari and when you have to replace a part, for that money, you can buy another car. Same thing here. (Lesson learned: Never buy luxury items, if you can’t manage the maintenance cost). The time was almost 1 o’clock. Got in to a tuk tuk, got down from Nugegoda junction to grab Gonuts doughnuts for J Girl. (She drove me crazy mentioning the smooth and soothing taste of them, so I so much wanted to have a few on my tummy!) Got a 6-pack one from there and reached J Girl’s home. Superb lunch at her place. Relax time. Nice tea with those tempting doughnuts and by 7.30, we were ready to go to the HC. Had a great time there… and boy! It was a really romantic one with nice decorations and great food. J Girl dropped me and went home around 11.30.

Sunday – Breakfast with sandwiches, cutlets and butter cakes at home. Some visitors showed up next. Lunch with friends. Watched the movie ‘Watchmen’ in the evening. Then there was Facebook, playing Barn Buddy in FB, checking mails and reading the weekend newspapers.

Monday – Nothing planned so far. It’s gonna be a lovely day at home, with helping around the house… good food.. chat with my sis and another one or two movies.

Next weekend – Saturday.. spend the day with my long lost buddies. Want to watch ‘Transformers 2’ on widescreen. (The trailer was superb and it’s a sin if you watch it on DVD, rather than watching it on widescreen, trust me!). Some junk food lunch.. and for the tea time, we want to try that Doughnuts+ Pizza mega offer in Galle Face Hotel. Ice Age 3 is in theatres. Wish we’ll have time to watch 2 movies on the same day. Then again.. Sunday : my best friend’s sister’s wedding…

Two packed weekends.. and life goes on. No studies for me at this time, cz I’m trying to survive these days. Come to think of it, the things I have in mind for the weekend maybe absolutely a waste of time for some. For me.. for the time being.. I survive.. and I love there are things to keep me happy and occupied. For the short while you live, do the things you love to do. You may never get a second chance again. Don’t just be in this world for the sake of it. Do what you love to do.. So.. when you get older, you’ll never have to regret thinking that you missed so many things in your life.. Cheers!

5 comments:

shamal said...

well, for me, the long weekend will not be as entertaining as it is for you sis :(

I'm having end-semester exams just around the corner... so unlike you, I'll have to put up with some really boring stuff in the coming days...(lucky you)

Having said that, I still managed to take my attention away from studies and I did some interesting("interesting" in the sense that it allows me to do new things with my dearest PC) stuff.

For example, installed sinhala unicode,MS Visio 2003(I'm a bit afraid to go for 2007), Poseidon, and some other software to do some assignments(yeah I agree it's again study material... so I'm back to square one ;) ) But it's still more interesting than a pile of photocopied notes don't you think so?

And speaking of weddings, gosh! it gives me the creeps!
One of my cousins(I have 18 of them and they are all 1st cousins!!!) is coming to SL(he's in California now) for his wedding and I will be one of the best men...(fortunately or unfortunately) :)
And the other thing is his bride is also an American(with Spanish origin) and there will be 3 bride's maids (sorry for the spelling) who are 2American girls and another cousin of me(she's from Vishakha and she is ok... I mean good... I mean gorgeous... ok ok I don't have a crush on her... or maybe I do... ;) anyway I'll take it back) :D

This is the first time I've been asked to be a best man and my mother almost agreed in no time since it's her elder sister's son who is going to get married.

Maaaaan!!! I will be next to some out-of-this-world girls and what next. The "first time"!!! I will talk about that day for a looooong time :D

The wedding is at the end of this year so there's plenty of time left for me to dream about that day ;)

Kemali said...

Well bro.. I too had a tough time dealing with weekends when I was doing my degree, cz we had classes in the weekends.. So.. for almost 2 years, I had to sacrifice my weekends.. :(

Btw... MS Vision 2007 is cooler, I think. Much more user friendly, I should say.

Now now.. About you being the bestman.. Hmm... trust me.. You're lucky.. cz I've never been a bride's maid in my whole life. Was asked to, but never got the chance... Trust me bro.. Looks like you're gonna have an interesting time with your wedding.. You can get the aid frm that Vishakian, I guess.. She'll be there to rescue you, I'm sure..

Good luck, bro..!! :D

Anonymous said...

Yeah its long weekend.. it felt more than other long weekend bz that is one holiday that is given for whole month of June and July. So everyone get chance to see all of their family members in one table and get chance to meet friends. Yap I remembered… the gal on the move told me u attend loads of wedding and parties and u prohibited to attend weddings for two months of period and command us to not to marry within two month.. :D.. Anyway its ..nice remarks put in our mind after reading last few line of that blog…
Gayani.......

wAsAnA said...

Ah.. i dnt thnk ya life is abnrml yar... belv me u hv the "walking sun" on ya life right nw.. thts y.. ur alwys onda MOVE :P .. ya u btr turn up for sisys weding.. :)

Shamal said...

yep, 2007 is better than 2003, and I have that version too. But I didn't install it because it consumes more system resources as compared to the 2003 version.

hehehe... yeah she sure can help me out coz she's got plenty of experience... This is her third or fourth time as a bride's maid.