Saturday, April 18, 2009

WHY RELATIONSHIPS SHOULD BE NAMED...

It’s a Saturday. The girl on the move was wondering around a lot yesterday. The cloud?? Ya.. It was over her head all the time. Let’s see.. The cloud was not raining. It was not bright either. It kept on changing colour time by time. I think the cloud is confused now. Anyway… I slept for 15 hours since I was tired a lot yesterday in every way. Hmm.. Every way means 2 ways, actually. Mentally and physically. However, I wanted to write about something I was thinking about yesterday.. and yet again.. it’s about relationships.

There was a time I believed that every relationship should not have a certain ‘name’ for it. Well.. Some of you may not agree with me on this one. There can be relationships you can never name. They can exist…. But now I understand that those relationships lead only to complications. (There.. I said it straight away!) I was thinking about certain people and certain situations where these unnamed relationships existed. Come to think of it, now I see that they’ve only lead to more complications…. more problems and more hurt. We realize these things, but for some reason, we don’t want to get out of the situation. By the time you realize it, you’re too late. All the harm has been done. Hmmm… How true… So… here are a few ‘named’ relationships. Hope you’ll agree with me.

• The guy/ girl you love – Your boyfriend/ girlfriend or the love of your life.
• The guy/ girl you broke up with – Ex- girlfriend/ Ex- boyfriend.. The relationship should not be named as my girl or my guy.
• The guy/ girl you’re intending to get married to – Your fiancé/ fiancée
• If you’re a girl, the girl you love and trust more than your other girlfriends – Your best friend.
• If you’re a guy, the guy you love and trust more than your other guy friends – Your best friend.
• The woman/ man you’re married to – Your husband / wife
• The woman/ man who got divorced from you – Your Ex-wife/ Ex – husband.
• You’re married to someone and yet you have this endless passion for another man/ woman – You call them your other woman/ man. It’s bad and bitter.

Ok… now.. I want to focus on two things here. The guy/ girl you broke up with and the situation where a married person having passion for someone else. When you broke up with somebody, no matter what you tell yourself to comfort yourself, seeing him/ her eventually hurts you. When it was the other one who wanted to break away from you, still you can’t stop the love you have for him/ her. It’s all true. But once the mirror is broken, you can’t fix it the way it was before. People don’t realize this truth and well.. they tend to drown in the same pain, knowing it will never end and hmmm… for some reason, they tend to live in that hell… It’s a never ending circle. I’ve done that too… but later on when I realized things, I was also hurt too much.
Now… for the married person having passion for someone else thingy… People may have reasons to do that… But when you’re married to someone, you have commitments and responsibilities. People may justify it in many ways. But me.. hmmm… I think it’s something you should never do. Whatever the reasons are… at the end of the line… it’ll be labeled as ‘cheating’.

Two more things.. One.. What do you call a guy who claims to be in love with a girl.. and sees other women behind her back? Two… What do you call a girl who claims to be in love with a guy.. and sees other men behind his back? Well… I have some suggestions… Now.. I would like to hear your ideas about this whole why-relationships-should-be-named thingy… The girl on the move is waiting to hear the ideas in your heads too!

4 comments:

Shamal said...

I believe that relationships need to have some kind of a categorization. There was a time when I also believed that some relationships can't be defined. I thought that there can be relationships that cannot have a definition but through experience, I realized that such relationships only lead to further complications.

However, they do have this "It's Complicated" option for your relationship status in Facebook (don't know why MZ came up with that term) but that's probably because of their Western culture...

And about your final paragraph... Well, in my opinion, If you have a girlfriend/boyfriend then you are already committed in some way and you shouldn't be looking at other girls/boys behind your true love. If someone is doing that I'd call him/her a "Cheater" and it's always better to end your terms with him/her and getaway from him/her. There is no point in leading an affair with such a person.

Kemali said...

Shamal..I totally agree with you. And about what you've said about the last paragraph... ummm... the definition what you have given is exactly what I had in mind.. :)

Relationships should never be complicated....

Anonymous said...

Yeah exactly u said true Kem and Shamal, Really I too dnt like ppl maintain status like “Its complicated”. When I aske frm my friend those who put as status message …I wonder ab answer that they gave.. Most of them ar telling even they break affair or got divorce each other for the shake of do or no alternative and still willing to continue relationship. In my point of view if someone dnt need u on one time u too dnt need him/her thousand of time.. wy we bother person who cheat us.
Gayani…

wAsAnA said...

• The guy/ girl you love – Your boyfriend/ girlfriend or the love of your life. –
I don’t agree to this naming.. let me correct it in my way.. imagine this.. u lv a guy .. does that means he is ur BF ? Nope.. bf n gf or the lv of ur life means.. BOTH love each other n accept their relationship in the true world.. Not in sm dream land..

• The guy/ girl you broke up with – Ex- girlfriend/ Ex- boyfriend.. The relationship should not be named as my girl or my guy.
Yea.. true this.. whn thy r EX they r EX.. not to be used “My” cz its over.. !!

• The guy/ girl you’re intending to get married to – Your fiancé/ fiancée
Intend to marry…? don’t u think it’s a bit of a lame word.. ppl intend on doing so many things.. bt fiancé n fiancée .. wel ..they shld be called tht ONLY if its a true n commited relationship.. if not .. yea u can use Intending …

• If you’re a girl, the girl you love and trust more than your other girlfriends – Your best friend.
Yea.. I agree… But, thr r things u never tells ya best gal even if she is the most trusted gal in da whole wide world.. isn’t it dj ? ( n woman.. if u lv a gal u bcm a lessy ! :)) oh no ..i let u sleep in my bed on the sleepovers.. geezzz.. I shld trnsfr u to da othr room then.. :P ..me jst kidding..)

• If you’re a guy, the guy you love and trust more than your other guy friends – Your best friend.
Hmm..i cnt comment on that cz I aint a guy.. they kinda are good buddies alwys.. unlyk the gals.. who kinda feel Jelz.. and all that crap ..:P

• The woman/ man you’re married to – Your husband / wife
Legally yes..bt as to wt I blv a true husband / wife are a combination of trust .. understanding.. love .. and all those beautiful things in da world.. thr r ppl who live as husband n wife..bt its only for da name sake.. nothing spiritual abt them..

• The woman/ man who got divorced from you – Your Ex-wife/ Ex – husband.
Wel its not ONLY the ones who got divorced FROM you bt also the ones you divorced.. as I said inda husband n wife comment..u don’t hv those kinda relationship thn yes.. ppl wil go tro divorce..

• You’re married to someone and yet you have this endless passion for another man/ woman – You call them your other woman/ man. It’s bad and bitter. –
Ppl r hard to satisfy.. n they r only human.. stil as I said dj.. I blv if two ppls souls are connected without any condition.. unconditional lve..(whch u belvd once) .. I guz thrz no need for other man or woman..

Ur last two things.. abt da guy n da gal CLAIMING to be in lv n see othr ppl behind their back.. same scenario gal.. no connection ..no commitment and no satisfaction.. u can call them cheaters.. as u said.. they might be hving their own reasons.. n yea whn ya married it definitely should be difnrt.. life doest stay da same..tend to change all da time.. its all abt adjusting.. sacrificing and commiting to life..

Love is a beautiful thing gal.. yea.. it hurts.. it hurts u bad.. alda time it does that to you.. I guz cm to think of it..its a da beauty of love.. which remind us that love is a combination of all inda world.. cz u l find..both hapyness and sadness in love.. ppl die for it ..ppl kill for it.. ppl fight for it n ppl go crazy for it.. pple die for it ? rembr the classic epic of Romeo n Juliet ? Shakespeare saw love tro hate.. he saw love tro vengeance.. he saw love tro sacrifice.. so wt do u call R & J s relationship ? BF n GF ? Fiancé and Fiancée ? or jst true lovers ?

N rembr Mill onda Floss ?? how Phillip loves Maggie even Stephen was to be with Mags ? n Finally Maggie dies by drowning ..bt stil Phillip loved Maggie.. yea ..he wasn’t the perfect in his outa appearance.. crippled legs ? didn’t Maggie loved him with all that ? so do u call M & P gf n bf ? or jst cheaters ? cz magi was to marry Stephen ? so does that makes Maggie a cheater ? she dies inda end.. so does that makes Phillip a looser ?

I knw these r jst stories.. written.. the classics.. bt lve.. thr r ppl out thr whose stories were never written… we all r one of those ppl.. whose lv stories were never written.. its all abt how far you would go for love .. wat u would do for love..

Come to think of it on wat basis do ppl name their relationships ? do they consider the fact abt love? Commitment ? sacrifice ?

Y do they name da relationships ? Easy.. ppl don’t want to get confused with love, marriage, divorce & cheat …