Tuesday, April 14, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY..!!

Let me wish you all of you out there a happy new year first! Ahem.. WISHING ALL OF YOU A HAPPY, PEACEFUL AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR from all my heart! Hope it’s been a really good one for all of you! It should be, since the war is almost ending and there are not many troubles around to be worried about.

Well… As for me, still the cloud is there, and my new year was an average one. But as in every new year, for all of us at home, it was a good one. We have the new year spirit all over the house. Most people don’t make Awurudu food at home, one – it’s time consuming, and two – they don’t know. The good thing is.. we at home.. we know how to. So.. for every new year, we make various kinds of tasty sweets. Let me list down… There were konda kewum.. athirasa… mung kewum.. weli thalapa.. undu wel.. kokis.. butter cake.. chocolate swiss rolls… bananas.. kiribath and murukku. That makes 11. This is the part I love the most about celebrating the New Year at home!

Everybody should know something to pass to the next generation… traditions in particular. Traditional food counts too.. So here we are, my parents passing the traditions to us! So… the picture here is… home made undu wel..!! Waters your mouth, I’m sure.. They sure were a lot tastier than they seem!

4 comments:

Shamal said...

yep. Mouth watering alright... :D

Rify said...

Bring some to office...

Kemali said...

Shamal : Ya.. Very tasty :D

Rif : Sure I will... Promise :)

Anonymous said...

Wow.. “Uduwal” Oh Gosh.. Max(Taste)…Mmm chm chm.Wt ab “KOkis” ..:D
Gayani...