Thursday, January 7, 2010

PIN UP DIVAS AND POSTER BOYS.. :D :D

There was a time we were crazy about pop stars.. girl groups and boy bands. We used to go ‘Oooo’ and ‘Ahhh’ whenever we see them, going all jumpy and mushy- gushy! That’s an average teenager. Sticker books, song books, teen books, pin- up posters and teen drama series.. crushes in the tuition class… back when we were teenagers! I used to love that life. Don’t you too?

I found this Edward Cullen the Twilight vampire’s adoring poster last week and didn’t have a heart to throw it away. I pasted in my bedroom door, so that when I wake up in the morning I see the vampire staring at me from his glittering eyes. My mom saw the ‘guy’ in the bedroom door and got confused and asked me ‘who’s the guy in the door?’. I said ‘That’s my Vampire!’. She was worried that the thick cello tape would damage the polished door. Well… The vampire still stays there. You know.. When I was pinning up that poster on the door like a 16 year old, my whole teenage life flashed right in front of me. What a wonderful life it was!

I too used to have pin up stars in my room. There was a smiling Angelina Jolie, Gangster looking Avril Lavigne, Calm and smiley Shania Twain and oh so handsome Tom Cruise right upon my study table. I used to cut and keep the pictures of pop stars and song lyrics from weekend newspapers. Whenever the holiday month comes, I find a binder gum bottle, a ‘platignum’ set and colored pens and start adding up more new songs to my song books. I had a plenty of them, lovely and neat with loads of pictures and neat decorations. I usually used a pop star poster to the cover page and gave the finishing touch to my precious thing with a polythene cover.

I remember the book I made with colorful feathers, pictures and details of birds. I used to collect feathers at every chance I got. Back in school times, me & my best friend used to roam around the teak trees in the basket ball court of the school to find them. Good times!

Crushes came in all kinds, in many variations. Pop stars, rock stars, actors or sport stars, come what may! Tiger Woods, Leo Di Caprio, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise in one side and Backstreet Boys, Boyzone, N’Sync with Pet Shop boys on the other side. Britney Spears came out singing ‘Hit Me Baby One More Time’ and me and my friends used to sing it with her same carefree attitude.

My Biology class used to be a less-fun place, so me and my friends divided the cute guys in the class among us to keep watch. My counterpart was a good looking, posh, always-smiling Royalist. He always used to come to class with three quarter pants. I had a habit of drawing the people around me in cartoons. Even now I do the same thing. So.. When I was starting to feel bored one day, I drew him with his three quarter pants, showing off his hairy legs and highlighting the very hairy legs! One moment, my friends were giggling and enjoying the picture. When I turned the head again, the piece of paper with my crush’s hairy legs was actually in HIS HANDS! OMG! I so much needed to dig the cement floor and hide under a worm tunnel! Hehe.. There goes my crush! He just smiled over the whole thing, thanks to god!

Life was so wonderful at that time. The time I used to ride my brother’s bicycle with wind in my hair.. the time we used to play badminton and net ball till we get all sweaty and thirsty… Wow.. I loved that life.. Looking back at that time, I sure feel that I have enjoyed that life. I guess you have too. Life is to enjoy.. and life is to be happy. Pin up divas and poster boys added a hint of color to my life back then… and it draws a smile on my face to remember all those lovely teenage moments and adventure I used to have! Don’t you feel the same too?

3 comments:

kumudu_to my son said...

wooow.....kems......... i also went back in to my school tym
tks luv.....and i hd d same life...and know hw fun it ws...
keep it up hon...
write wen ever u cn...

Anonymous said...

Okk well.. Wow its nice to have hobby like collecting songs or wt ever loving thing and maintaining picture book.. Although I am personally hate to Pin up unknown persons Posters in bedroom. In my personal opinion its better to look at clam thing like Buddha statue or family pic once getting up early in the morning and before go to bed then someone’s whole day will be get strong.
Gayani..

Shamal said...

teehee... cheeky ;)