Tuesday, January 5, 2010

AS 2010 STARTS....

Happy New Year my friends… It’s the start of another new year. Hope you guys are also having so many hopes and dreams for the New Year. We all do, don’t we? 2009 ended in a good way to the country, with the end of the war. I think that was the best thing happened to everybody in the country. Now we see everyone visiting Jaffna and Trinco in a rush and we see loads of pics uploaded in FB on that.. lolzz.. Finally, this is a free country.

Did you make a New Year resolution list for 2010 too?? Well.. We don’t exactly write them down. At least all of us mind map our New Year resolutions, don’t we? But hey.. almost all the things in that list are ‘bigger’ things. That’s where we all do a wrong. How? If we have big dreams and we can achieve all of them, it’s superb. What I meant to say is.. most of the time, we forget little things… and at the end of the year, if we look back, those ‘big’ things.. well… not all of them, they still remain. So… at the end of the year, your New Year resolution list comes as a ‘wish list’ rather than a ‘check list’.

What I’m telling is, when you make New Year resolutions, don’t include only big things. Add up little things also. Little things DO matter a lot. Because, someday, the little things you do will add up a huge value to your life.

So. What exactly are these little things? Well.. Let me tell you. For this year… I plan to start an MBA and find a happy job in a small place. Those are ‘big’ things.. Now.. 3 little things I planned out for this year are, One : growing some good vegetables in the garden and look after them cz I always loved it… Two: Learn some good cooking cz I feel that I should. Three: Start my guitar lessons again.. There are a lot more ‘little’ things… Read so many books.. watch good movies.. travel to North.. and the list continues.

There are so many little things you can do too. Change the way you look. Get a new haircut. Get some good clothes. Smile a lot. Meet your friends often. Stop the running of life to watch a good movie.. read a good book. Adore your pet often. Give a surprise gift to your mom… Start exercising… See?? There are a lot more little things you can do.

Life is good with little things, trust me. For me, they matter a lot. Even waking up in the morning and hearing the sound of the wind chime dancing in the wind is a big ‘little thing’ to me. So my dear friends…. Good luck with the New Year. Hope you guys had a good heads up. Don’t worry about the 2012 phenomena though… Lolzz.. (As the Mayan calendar says) You STILL have two more years to enjoy life..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy & brilliant New Year u too girl on the move.. Hope ur every plan come true..No doubt..