Monday, December 22, 2008

THE vCLUB....!!

This is something that I’m really really thrilled and excited about… Being a proud member of the vClub.. And NO..!! The name is definitely NOT related to the place where we work.. (“We” being most of the vClub members, that is)… It was just a lunch gang at first. I was good friends with Pavi. Then there was the punching bag… and he became my best friend.. Little by little, I became a part of them.

Thiloshi… Buddhini… Pandu.. Pavi…Kalpa.. Anusha and myself, we all work in the same place. Tharaka (Buddini’s hubby), Ravin (Thiloshi’s hubby), Sanju (Pavi’s hubby), Darshi (Anusha’s wife) and Jayamini.. who used to work with us (Kalpa’s wife).. complete our circle of friends. As FOOD is our eternal way of survival, we have a great sense of taste for FOOD. No matter who finds something tasty, we share them among us all. vClub is full of talented cooks..!! (Except me, that is..!)

Back to the story now. We started this monthly meet up a few months back. A pirith in Anusha’s place… Nuwara Eliya trip from our home… Lunch at Kalpa & Jaya’s place… Kaluthara Trip & visit to Thiloshi’s place…. Lunch at Anusha & Darshi’s place… Tea at Buddhini & Tharaka’s place… and finally… pirith at Pavi & Sanju’s place. It took place a few days ago. Now we’re planning the vClub activity for January. It is so much fun to be a part of it. Our friends are in the range of the age 26-29. And me and Pandu being the only singles of them all..!! Trips and events are not the only thing we do. We help each other in every way we can… You name it.. the vClub is there for anything..!!

You don’t meet good friends like them everyday.. or everywhere… specially at work. What we do is so much fun and you always have this great feeling that you are surrounded by such good friends. It’s a great feeling, you know. My parents let me go anywhere with them, cz they know how reliable and good my friends are. I’m proud to be a part of the vClub… and I’m thinking how lucky I am to have them as my best friends. Year 2009 is on the way, and I’m pretty sure… vClub will have so many exciting plans for the coming year. Can’t wait…!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm ab ur best friends.. really u said true… Best friends … hw amazing..its miracle to find best friends in to someone life.. I am repeating quote ab friends..”Friend love u even they ar not ur lover, they care u even they ar not frm ur family,they ar ready to share ur pain even they ar not in ur blood relation & finally loves u more than lover.. ”
Gayani...

Anonymous said...

hey do you work at Virtusa?

I totally agree with your words on friends... :-)