Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 IN NUTSHELL....

It’s time to close down and wrap up the things for 2008. The year has come to an end. I’m sure you all did a lot of thinking to recap what you all were up to in 2008, recalling the good times and bad times. There were good times.. and there were bad times of cause. Even very good things and very bad things, indeed. Yesterday night, while lying on my bed, I was doing the same thing as you all.. recalling all the memories of 2008. Hmmm… let me summarize…

The year began in the most disastrous way for me.. I think you already know why. My best guy friend passed away in January, and I went through a tremendous pain to get over it. Still I couldn’t. That was the worst thing happened to me in year 2008. Then… the best thing about 2008. Well… It was getting to know my punching bag, my current best guy friend. He came to my life in a most unexpected way and he brought the light back to my life. My lady best friend, Konga.. and myself… we had our perfect friendship throughout the year as always… me helping her out in bad times, and she helping me out in my bad times. We went out a few times, had fun.. and I gave her a surprise on her b’day.. so did she..!!

The year was full of trips, outings and other functions. Gosh..!! There were SO many. Most of my friends got married this year, both from school and work. So.. there were so many weddings and celebrations. Of coz there were so many trips too. Another great thing was the formation of vClub… our circle of best friends from the office. The club activities are going on in full steam and all of it is so much fun… and most of all… I found a set of BEST FRIENDS from work.. Some of my very good friends left the country too, which was very sad for me.

Work wise, it was a very busy year. As my friends say, I get only the busiest and the most critical projects to work with. True enough..!! Even these days, I’m having a very busy time with work, since our product will be going live on 4th of January. Then there were layoffs… The HR firing people…as the US economy crisis started… and most of the good people left the company… Bad things like that also happened. Ok.. it’s WORK…!! I don’t like to talk about it right now. Let’s skip that part..

Entertainment… A good topic to recap..!! I think I watched the most number of movies in my entire life in year 2008. I downloaded a countless number of movies… and it was definitely a movie year. Songs.. music… everything was up-to-date and well-awared. Made sure not to miss any of the good ones. I read quite a good number of good books this year as well.. and I think there are 2 more books to be read…. Part of unfinished business in 2008. I bought my loving Guitar… and was married to it for a while... Lost my phone, lost all my contacts, songs and photos in it and cursed the dude who stole it… in BIG TIME, that is.

Love and marriage.. Ummm.. Some interesting things. Most of the guys who asked me out were younger than me…(sigh..!!) That was early this year. I had a huge crush on Shayne Ward... and the crush is still there, I think. I didn’t want to get married in 2008… so; it’ll happen in 2009 for sure.

Well… 2008 was a good year for me, for sure. For the time being, I’m happy… but donno what will happen in 2009. I’m PRETTY sure that there will be a huge change in my life in 2009. Good or bad, I don’t know. But.. crossing my fingers and waiting till that moment comes. Last, but not the least… let me.. the girl on the move wish you a wonderful 2009, with all your wildest and sweetest dreams coming true, with loads of happiness and cheer throughout the whole year. Cheers..!!

4 comments:

Rify said...

Ohh u forgot to mention Project K... remember:D ....Wish you a happy and a peaceful new year!

Mr.Pitbull said...

Happy New Year Sis.. Hopefully u will be less more hectic at work in 2009 hehe
Wish u All the Best ! =)

~Peace~

Anonymous said...

Yeah girl on the move.... May every day of the new year glow with good cheer and hapiness for u Kem..
frm
Gayani...

wAsAnA said...

Oh Dj My Best Gal Ever.. wt a grt frnshp u n i hv .. I lv u gal.. ! n 09.. im dnt knw wt it l brng..bt i knw that U R MINE !! hik hik.. yae yea.. No.1 Best frnd EVER !! cmz lyk u hv A LOT of Best Frnds..bt me ur "De BEST FRND" wish u to be double this yr..:P

Love Alwys..
KoNgz da Nutzy !!