Tuesday, December 16, 2008

KICKED OUT...!!

It has started AGAIN…. A couple of months ago, the place where I work, (I’m not gonna refer to it as ‘my company’ ok?)… yeah.. the COMPANY fired a couple of hundred people, as the US economy was having an outbreak. All of a sudden, people were called for a HR meeting, and while they are away, the IT team comes up and remove their PCs from their cubicles. That’s right… The layoff… I called it “The mass massacre” at that time. People were crying.. jobless…. Nowhere to go. I don’t think I have to explain the situation to you.

Things started to quiet down a little. Now it has started again. But this time, it’s happening in a very hush hush way. They give various reasons for why they’re firing you. Some of them are actually silly and stupid reasons. The layoffs are happening all over USA. The place where I work gets a huge impact from the US economy. Our jobs are at a high risk. We don’t know when we’re gonna be fired. It’s a known fact that the IT industry in Sri Lanka is going for a downfall because of this financial crisis in US.

People are leaving the company everyday. The HR doesn’t ask why they’re leaving, as they used to ask. Instead, all they ask now is “How soon can you go?”. Don’t have any idea what’s going to happen next. Sitting and waiting won’t do either. Hmmm…

No comments: