Saturday, September 6, 2008

HMMM.... THE NEXT IN LINE.....

It was a long week for me. We returned yesterday after spending 3days in my mom’s village, for my cousin sis’s wedding. Now that she’s married, the queue of unmarried girls in my mom’s side is finally over… Well.. that’s what I thought at least, till my relatives came up with another topic. ME!! I was hearing the same thing over an over again and suddenly I realized that I’m (yes.. the poor me) is the next in line to be married. Oh no!!! All this time, all my relatives had their eyes on my cousin sis, who just got married. She married a bit late, at 30 (late??) according to my relatives. She had to go through more than 100 proposals to meet her soul mate, by the way.

Well… they had many questions for me, you see. ‘How old are you now?’ was the 1st question. And when I answered ‘27’, they get shocked. ‘Oh no… You’re already too late. When are you going to marry??’ will be the next question. First, it was somewhat annoying. Then I turned it into a word game. Just for all you yet-to-be married girls, regardless of having boyfriends or not, here are a few things you can tell all the curious people out there to get away from the situation.

‘Oh… I’m already married. Didn’t you know?’ ‘Well… I ran away.. my parents kept it as a secret.’ ‘I’m married, you know. This is my 5 year old son’ and show a kid running around you. And if there’s no kid running around you, tell them ‘Sure thing. I’m getting married next year’. But the next question will be ‘Who’s the lucky guy?’ Then you answer ‘He’s getting the divorce from his wife these days’. For the ‘When can we have a piece of cake from you?’ question.. you say ‘Tomorrow maybe? I’ll buy you a good one from the Sponge’… And here’s a rude one.. ‘When will you invite us for you’re wedding?’ question… you say ‘You won’t be. The list was too big, so I had to cut your name from the list’.. WICKED…!!

Well… being a bit serious, I guess we all have to face this situation when we become 24+. Just because we have reached that age, I don’t think there should be a rush for the marriage. Your parents… relatives… neighbors… family friends… they start to worry about you. It’s good, you know. But some people are just being nosy. I have noted that. I guess the time will solve all things perfectly. I was thinking about my cousin sis. She found the most perfect and the most loving husband for her, in the end.

When I see my old school friends in FB, I tend to wonder about marriage too. Most of them are now married. Some are even having kids. Everyday, I see the relationship statuses changing from ‘Single’ to ‘In a Relationship’ to ‘Married’. Most of my friends are married now, I see. Loads of wedding in these few months and yet some more to come in the future!

Hmmm.. I’ve never thought of something like ‘I should be married by now’ or ‘OMG! I should marry soon too’. Instead, I just have this little feeling… that I’m definitely gonna marry…. When… that I don’t know. I know this much… he’s exactly the man in my dreams…

2 comments:

wAsAnA said...

Single, In a relationship n Married ?? hm.. i want all that.. at once.. can hv ne .. nywys. Dj niz post.. Man of ur dreams.. ? i wonder..:P

Rify said...

he he :)