Sunday, August 24, 2008

KITES.... THEY FLEW....

It’s the weekend… a boring one, rather. Spent the whole weekend at home, watching some movies… cleaning out here & there a bit…. reading and most of all.. missing my friends. I wish this weekend was one like the last one.. I call it Kite Saturday. That Saturday was full of laughs… kites… smiles and loads of air… The weekend I flew kites with my best friend!

Still in love (and will be forever) with kites since I was a kid, I love all the things about kites… Yeah.. I mean ALL the things.. from making them to watching them fly so high… So… last Saturday… we made giant kites, decorated them… and flew them, having loads of fun. They floated in the air like beautiful giant butterflies… They swayed with the air waves, dancing in the sky.. They conquered the sky for the few hours they were roaming in the sky….Shhh.. Know this?? When the kite is dancing in the sky, close your ear to the string of your high-flying kite (I call it the link between earth and the sky).. You can actually hear the sound of the high winds in the farthest skies… Trust me!!

Kites are a very different subject, my friends. Everyone can’t make them properly. You have to know the precise technique to build up the structure. Once you’re done with it, the way you decorate it with papers should give it a proper balance as well. Your creativity matters when you decorate it. The other most important task is handling the kite cleverly, or else, it will break free. Ok.. Those are some serious stuff you should remember.

Kites are so fascinating things. I simply love them all. And you know… my best friend is really good at making them. I’m proud of you my buddy. Why? Cz they were not just kites. They were GIANT kites. And Konga… I missed you so much that day men. Jj, good thing you were not around with your heartless-metalic aircraft of yours, cz our majestic kite-of-a-fairy will simply scare your metallic monster away. Hehe!! Well.. lets see if you can kill that one you KITE KILLER!!

Thank you so much my buddy.. for making my day and making that day happen. You’re the bestest kite maker ever… and of coz.. the best kite runner around. See.. I was able to make one of my wild dreams come true… and I’m so very happy about it (thanks to you my best friend!) Life is full of good things if you look around. There are so many things you miss in your lives.. Just don’t wait… Enjoy while you can. Then only you can feel that this life is not as cruel as most people think it is.

See this picture? Wow!! Isn’t it?? Well, people… this one belongs to me and my best friend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey k,
Did u,,, ela ela.. the kite belong to u and ur friend .. Really nice… I too did with my little buddies who came to my village to spent weekend. Actually u said true..it is very nice and joyful experience someone can gain.. By seeing it suddenly any one can become little kids despite of any workload in mind. Bt… :( unfortunately my kite was take off by me and it went off my sight through air towards beyond extreme. Anyway it is very beautiful experience till it is missed by u.. :D

Gayani..