Monday, November 12, 2007

I HAD A GREAT WEEKEND... HOW ABOUT YOU?


I had a great weekend with my family. How about you? How much time do you sacrifice for the sake of your family? Do we really spend enough time with them? Most of the time, people just worry about bigger things in life; so that they forget these little things. If I ask u “what’s the most important thing about spending time with your family?”… you’d say “it’ll make them get closer”. Well… yes… true.. But for me, spending time with them is…. having a great fun time!!

It’s a good thing that I didn’t have to go to work this Saturday. But I was late to come home on Friday. At 1 o’clock in the morning, I came home in a cab, with a friend of mine in the office. Mom opened the door without a fuzz. I really felt sad that she was awake all this time, waiting for me. She had made my bed already. Poor mom! They do care for us a LOT.

On Saturday, I woke up to the smell of steaming pancake in the stove. Wow! What a great way to wake up! My sister and I… we had a great plan for Saturday. A lunch at a friends’ house and loads n’ loads of shopping. Dad dropped the 3 of us to the station (me, my friend and my sister) and he swore that we won’t be back till nightfall.. That’s how me and my sister are like!! We had a good lunch at the friends’ place. By 2 o’clock, it was over.

We wondered here and there, shopping and of cause, window shopping. I love shopping with my sister. She knows what’s best for me. You know, it’s great to have a sister, especially when the age difference is less, and she can be a best friend to you. After wondering here and there, we went back to the station, got into a slow train, so that we can chat and chat and chat. Dad came to pick us after we got down. We DID buy loads of things. When we got home, it was the moment for mom, dad and bro to comment on our shopping. Mom had made some swiss roles and fruit salad too. Yummy!!

The next morning, I waked up with the sound of raised music. My brother was up and he was listening to ear-splitting rock music. (Uh.. I love rock music; but I don’t like rock music waking me up on Sunday morning). I shouted at him, he teased me back telling how ‘ugly’ my hair looks after my haircut! Mom made her Sunday special lunch and I had to stop watching the movie to go and help her. While cooking, I told her about the trip we planned next week. She wanted to know about all my friends who will be joining it. She wanted all the details, and I loved to share them with her. Dad was commenting about the political situation in the country. I hate politics. But I listened to what he’s saying… cz that’s my dad.. and I love to hear the way he see things. Later, in the evening, me and my sister played some sort of a hide-and-seek computer game. You have to find hidden objects following some clues. It was fun. Late night chatting is what we love most. The day ended with reading-books-till-we-fall-asleep. I just love cuddling up myself in a blanket and reading a book.

Maybe you’ll see nothing special here. It’s just so ordinary. But I LOVE spending time with my family. I love them all… There’s no place like home… and there’s no such nice people than your family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You hav a bro...? that's strange..

wAsAnA said...

U said u "LOVE" sepending tym with ya family ??? AHEM !! Err.. Dj.. wt hapnd to my best frnd for da few days i was in US? U LOVE it ? ok.. if u say so.. i m guzn u missed me SO much so u kinda lovd staying at home.. sepnding QUALITY time.. with ya family.. ( Hik hik.. )