Wednesday, February 6, 2013

THE PERFECT DADDY....

When I waked up in the middle of the night the other day, I smelled a fragile fragrance from my hair. When I started to wonder what it is, I suddenly remembered it all. I went to sleep with so much uneasiness. One month left for the baby to come, my belly looks like a pot shaped large balloon, and rolling over, sleeping and getting comfortable is out of the question!! Even 6 pillows hardly do any good these days.  Sleep is the comfort zone of anybody at the end of the day. But for me, the toughest job of the day is, sleeping.

Now, back to the sweet smell… I remember him putting baby cologne in my hair that night. My legs were aching and he massaged them with baby cream. When I couldn’t turn, he rolled me over and arranged the pillows around me. Then he put on the net around the bed, switching off the light, came in with more baby cream. Then he started to rub the cream on my aching ribs. I don’t remember falling asleep. I just fell asleep with comfort. Whenever I wake up again, whining, he would gently stroke my back to ease the uncomforting. I watch him running all these errands on my sake. He would drop me to work every day, and come back to pick me when the work is over.

He won’t let me carry heavy things, specially my laptop bag, which is heavier than me. He wouldn’t let me lift the hot water pots, cuts fruits in the morning and prepares for me, sometimes when I feel dizzy, he makes drinks. Well… These are just a few things. Minor things he does. I wonder how he feels. All I know is, he’s impatient for the baby and he’s waiting and waiting to see her soon. He talks to my belly and tells her to come out soon, so that he can hold her. He admires the little wool socks and beanies I knit for her. He thinks they’ll look so cute on her! His eyes sparkle when he talks about the baby. The other day he talked to my belly and said ‘Daddy is working hard to earn more for her’. He really is working hard with extra work. What do I feel when seeing all this? No need to say I married the perfect man. But he’s gonna be a perfect and loving daddy for my kids!

5 comments:

Cinnamon said...

How lovely!
I hope you'll enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

bruce said...

three cheers for him!

Isanka Wijerathne said...

Interesting..........

Malaka Lakmal said...

wonderful..!!!
can't believe is that the same person we've known :)

Malaka Lakmal said...

wonderful..!!!
can't believe is that the same person we know :)