Sunday, April 11, 2010

BROWN.. :-)

Brown! You are looking at him. 10 years old, tired, wrinkled, the coat colour fading, yet so faithful..!! This is my neighbor’s dog. He’s a small doggy who grew up to be a mini model of a fox. Well.. I know he’s not so handsome or extraordinary looking. But at this very moment, this is the dog I love the most, out of all the doggies in this world..! He’s sort of a stray. He’s not a caged dog. So he roams around the neighborhood marking his territory, growling at invader dogs and scowling at strangers.

I myself am a huuuge dog fan. Dogs are the most loyal specie of animals out of all. They really mean it when they love you. They really mean it when they come to you lowering their head, wagging the tails and looking at you with pleading eyes. They always think of you as their family. So they protect you, love you, obey you and never betray you. Such wonderful creatures they are! Dogs speak to you if you listen close enough. A cat can never do that for sure!

Brown follows me everywhere when I walk around the neighborhood. If I stay at a place for some time, he just sits and waits for me at the gate. He makes sure to clear the way with a warning to other dogs with a low growl, when he walks with me. When I come home, he jumps up with joy, speaking and his tail wags non-stop like a fan! He knows he gets a share from my plate if he sees me eating. So he never goes away. He stays till I give his share. I only have to call him once, whenever I feel like feeding him or petting him. He always comes running.

Today, I had a good look at him when he visited me. He has aged. In dog years, they only live about 15 years. So.. No sooner, Brown will also be gone. Made me sad to think of it cz he’s such a lovable doggy. I hope you guys also have doggies at your home. Fat ones, tall ones, grumpy ones, playful ones, moody ones, thin ones, short ones, long ones like Weiner doggies and even ‘diggy’ ones who dig and hide the food. No matter the kind, they are all lovable. So love them a lot. Show them that you adore them. You’ll be surprised when you get to know how much they love you when they love you back. Cheers!

3 comments:

Chamila said...

nice post kemali...!!! brown ta jaya wewa...!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I knw hw much u love and like Brown as well as he too like you :D...U posted several photos too in FB..so cute..:)
Gayani..

Anonymous said...

Spent some time to read some of your blogs, they are really interesting .. You are good at blogging ... Keep it up buddy ...