Sunday, October 11, 2009

I WALKED ON THE BRACH OF LOON TAO...

Being a sea creature, I can’t resist the desire to wonder in the beach at every chance I get. I was missing the beach for almost 2 months and was almost running out of patient to get the sea breeze upon me. That’s when the people in my project planned a dinner outing! Without any second thought, I suggested Loon Tao. After a round of inquiries and suggestions, it got confirmed. Last Friday, we made it happen and it went well.

Have you been to there, btw? Well.. For those who have, you know how lovely the place is, right? For those who don’t, I’ll tell you how wonderful that place is, so that you can go there, have a good time and remember me telling how wonderful the place is. It’s in Mount Lavinia beach. You take the road to Mt. Lavinia hotel from Galle Road and proceed till you reach the Berjaya Mount Royal hotel. Don’t stop. You’ll see the railroad in a few more yards ahead. Get down from your ride and start walking. Cross the railroad and walk along the beach, turning to the right. Make sure to take away your shoes to feel the sand.

It’s a small place with traditional sheltering, just like a little hut with tables facing the beach, under the stars. The shimmering lights of the lamps light up the place. You can see the Mt. Lavinia Hotel very closely. The guitarist sings slow tunes to his soft guitar chords. In other words, the atmosphere is sooo romantic. Usually, the lovers come by here at night for a fine dinner. The food is great. My favourite is the deep fried cuttlefish dish. You’re having dinner under the stars.. with sea breeze hugging you… listening to the slow music and hearing the sound of the dancing waves of the sea.. That sound WOW to me…

After the dinner, some of the guys ran to the beach to wonder. I walked along the beach, watching the stars, counting the ships and enjoying the view of the Mt. Lavinia Hotel. The skyline of the city of Colombo was not far away to be seen, and it was absolutely beautiful at night. I heard Pitbull’s I Know You Want Me, played in a distant club. Once in a while, a doggy came and walked with me. Our guys started playing virtual cricket and I too joined. I was the umpire and I got yelled at cz I made a wrong ‘out’. Hehe..

Anyway… No matter where I go, I make sure I enjoy whatever I do. So.. I enjoyed the dinner… I enjoyed the walk. I enjoyed the beach… and I loved it. Check this out, guys. I want you all to go there as well. You’re gonna love it.

http://www.loontao.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MM… I did see couple of photos that u uploaded in FB .. yeah its seems to be nice night.. cool..yap I too agree with u..Sea beach of Mt Lavinia is very nice..Me too hanging out with friends in years back in that area..
Gayani...