Friday, January 23, 2009

THE 'NOT-REALIZING-TILL-THEY-LOSE-IT' FACTOR....

A complicated topic in the making..!! Brought up with lots of guy friend.. and spending my entire campus life with a gang of guys as my best friends, I ended up knowing a lot about this complicated topic.. GUYS..!! Guys and girls are from different planets, that’s true. Out of many things, I just want to share this one thing about guys with you all… which I have observed very often… and have enough experience to share with you all.

It’s about this ‘not realizing-till-they-lose-it’ factor. What the hell is that?? Wait… let me tell you. I’ll take two incidents as examples. There was this guy… a very good friend of mine… and there was this girl too.. both are very cool people. They studied in two different Universities, but they met in a function in one of their universities. After they became god friends, they talked everyday… text each other all the time. One studied law and one studied Engineering… two different fields. They had a lot in common.. and as the time passes, good friends became best friends. Since I knew both of them well.. I knew this guy liked her in a more-than-a-friend way. But this guy never revealed his feelings for her.. The reason I understood was… she was always there… being his best friend and she was always AVAILABLE for him

But he never realized that she has to go someday. So.. what happened was… this other guy, who also used to study in her University, popped out from nowhere and she and him… they also became good friends… The second guy was nice. I knew him as well… and it was from me who she asked about this second guy. I knew the other guy liked her, but I told her that the second guy is very nice and good… What am I to do? After some time, she started going out with the second guy. Then only the light bulb appeared upon our guy’s head. He realized that he has loved her so much… and since he didn’t spit out his feelings for her, she stopped waiting too. She knew this guy liked her… but she can’t wait forever for him to realize it, can she? Now.. this guy has gone love-crazy. One day, this girl told me the story… and then only I told her that I knew it all along. She cried a lot… Why? I know why….

Why don’t guys come to their senses before they lose the people they love? You might say it’s maybe because he didn’t want to risk the friendship. Come ooooon people! They were best friends… So they can talk and figure out ANYTHING by talking.

The second incident is just as the same one. This time… the guy was my friend. He’s a very good friend of mine. Once I realized that he has this little ‘thing’ for me. I knew it, buy he never told me what was in his mind. He knew that I knew it too. Time passed… we went our separate ways for finding jobs… and our lives became busy. He kept silent. Some time later, I heard that he’s having a very good friendship with this girl.. and as I heard, they were almost going out. Recently, this guy called me… and when I asked about it, he said. ‘I couldn’t tell her my feelings…. Now she’s going out with a guy’… Hmmm… Then I told him ‘This happens to you every time. Every time you make the same mistake. Don’t ever make that mistake again’. He knew what I was talking about … and he agreed.

I wonder why this particular thing is an in-built feature in a guy’s character. I don’t think it’s common for every guy, but I’ve seen this nature in most of the guys I know. They don’t realize it till they lose it. Just as the saying goes…

Never take someone for granted…
Hold every person close to your heart…
Cz u might wake up one day…
And realize that you’ve lost a diamond….
While u were too busy..
Collecting stones…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

-blushes-

Anonymous said...

You can’t realize it, till you lose your diamond.

Rify said...

Good start for Mission K-2

Anonymous said...

Yeah … I too agreed with u Kem.. if someone really care ab other one, he/she must express his/her views to other one rather than worrying or regretting entire life about losing one who really care by u. It is not blush.. People must be ashamed to do one thing by keeping another thing in their mind. :D :D
Gayani.......

Anonymous said...

guys r so pathetic whn comes to love.....they take u for granted & whn they lost it, they realize their mistakes & sob...boo boo...Pathetic...
I knw sm1 who jst did so....
bt v girls hav our limits....v patiently wait..wait..and then...v move on with life....
Guys b quick in ur moves..or else u'll regret it...

Anonymous said...

Gals will be really lucky if guys are really henpecked as you see :>