Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A LITTLE SEA TOWN BY THE SEA….

I have no idea why I’m writing a post out of this. But you know.. I fell in love with this place, and seriously, added this place to my want-to-visit list. For you, maybe there’s absolutely nothing wonderful about this little place. But you know… it’s kind of breathtaking.. A little sea town by the sea. Just like in an “once upon a time” story.

It’s called “Pennan” and it’s a small village in Scotland with a little harbor, a row of identical houses and a single hotel. It used to be a traditional little fishing village in the past. Even now, fishing is done in the sea of this small heaven, as a way of continuing the tradition. This heavenly place is closer to the town of Aberdeenshire, and is situated in the north coast of the country. The most obvious reason you can find about this town in the internet is the movie “Local Hero”. It was done in 1980, making Pennan as the key location. It represented the legendary village “Ferness” with a special landmark; a red telephone box and it’s still there for the public too see, after the movie became a hit.

So.. that’s it. A little fishing village by the sea. Beautiful and charming.. with a nice view of sunset, they say. I seriously want to go there, but don’t ask me why…. I just want to…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For more info:
www.pennan-village.co.uk

Anonymous said...

no kidding,this seems likethe place where I wanna built my dream house.....
ur sis