Thursday, February 7, 2008

X-MEN....

Last weekend.. I downloaded the whole X- Men animated series from You Tube.. I used to love the series .. back in 90’s. I was a biig fan then.. The creator of the scene… Marvel Comics of cause..!! Ok.. for those who don’t know the story.. and for those who don’t remember the series… here’s a lil more detail… The X-Men are fictitious mutants who, are born with superhuman abilities.. as a result of a sudden leap in evaluation… Yeah.. like superman or Spiderman.. they have those abilities.. unique to each and every one of them. The mutants were considered as a great threat to the human race.. because some used their powers to create violence.. The X-Men were formed by the benevolent Professor Charles Xavier, (a.k.a. Professor X).. The X-Men are the good guys in the story. The bad guys are Magneto and his followers. (Called “The Brotherhood”..

X-Men consists of Jean Grey (born with telepathic and telekinetic powers), Gambit (A great combat fighter.. and uses poker cards as explosives), Beast (possesses ape-like superhuman physical strength), Jubilee (has the ability to generate explosive energy sparkles), Rogue (she can fly and can absorb any other mutant’s super powers), Storm (she can fly.. and control the powers of the nature.. and if I was asked to be one of the X-Men.. I’ll choose to be her), Wolverine ( this fighter guy has long razor blades coming out his knuckles…. Steel blades) and the leader.. Cyclops (produces powerful "optic blasts" from his eyes, forcing him to wear specialized glasses at all times).. Ok.. That’s about them.

Recalling the members of the Brotherhood…I don’t remember them all.. But I remember Mystique, who has shape shifting powers… Saber tooth…. Avalanche, Blob and Quicksilver…

Anyways.. I think I missed the most important fact… X-Men.. is a 2D animation series… 3D animations were not so popular in the 90’s… So.. I donno if you’ll like to watch X-Men now… You must have enjoyed the movie trilogy… The movies topped the box office charts. Well.. X- Men is good for all teenage guys.. But in 90’s.. it was very famous. I even collected their stickers. My favourite was Cyclops.. Jean Grey’s boyfriend. He was so cute.. even for a cartoon character.

3D movies have entered the scene after the ever popular Toy Story… The latest I watched… The Bee Movie and Ratatouille… were far beyond excellence… Greatest 3D animation movies ever… Looks like I’m deviating from the topic. So… let’s get back to X-Men.. It’s not good as a 3D animated movie… But for to remember those good old 2D movie times… it’s worth to visit these raging mutants.

No comments: