Sunday, November 8, 2009

OWL CITY...

I just don’t know from where this guy came from. He came with fireflies from the Owl City. He’s got an amazing voice, great electronic music and most importantly… dreamy lyrics with loads of myth and fantasy. Absolutely MY type of a guy.

Guys.. I’m talking about the band ‘Owl City’ and its new album ‘Ocean Eyes’. The first time I heard ‘Fireflies’, I fell in love with it. Then I heard ‘Vanilla Twilight’. That was also a very very absolutely dreaaamy one.. ‘Hello Seattle’ is a good go too. I loved it as well.. Wow.. So I ended up downloading the whole album. You can also download it as a torrent from isoHunt from

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/137484537/owl+city+ocean+eyes?tab=summary

The guy in ‘Owl City’ is Adam Young. He has been in the music scene from 2006, but the reason he became a start was the hit song, ‘Fireflies’. Fireflies became a hit through MySpace and people came to know the guy all of a sudden. Wonder from where the name ‘Owl City’ came from? Well.. He refers to his home town Owatonna, Minnesota as Owl City. Fascinating name, huh? ‘Ocean Eyes’ is their third album, but the other two did not make to stardom as Ocean Eyes.

Now, Owl City's live band consists of: Breanne Duren (background vocals/keyboards), Matthew Decker (drums), Laura Musten (violin), and Hannah Schroeder (cello). As I write this post, ‘Fireflies’ has notched up to the #1 spot in the USA top 40 singles chart. Pretty much good for a guy who started out making music in his parents' basement, huh?

No comments: