Thursday, February 26, 2009

IN GOD'S COUNTRY - DAY 3.....

Waking up in the morning... far from home. You're now in Katharagama..! I'm a little bit sad since it's the last day.. Hmmm.. Well.. After a quick breakfast, we headed to Sellakatharagama... OK.... I know... That's where you get loads of dodol and all other kinds of sweets...!! Menik River was quite calm that morning... Peacock feathers... sweets... morning prayers for hindu gods... smell of fresh fruit... and various kinds of sweet smells in the early morning...!!

We wanted to be for the poojawa at 9.30 in Katharagama Dewalaya. So we hurried for it.. So. what's the best thing about it?? Well... the fruits.. yeah... you get to eat loads of them after the poojawa... I love and love it...!! We visited Thissamaharamaya on the way too..Ate loads of nelli & delum from there.. Woodapples..! There were a plenty..!! Dodol... we bought 12 kilos.. It was around noon when we reached Kirinda.. The sun was high up and it was very hot. But we didn't miss the wonderful view...
After having a late lunch at the bunt of Thissa Wewa, we started our return journey.. crossing Udawalawe & Embilipitiya.. We stopped to look at elephants and peococks.. There were so many...!!

It was around 10 at night when we reached home.. and I felt that i've gained a lot for the 3days.. maybe I ate a lot of sweets.. But.. who cares?? i enjoyed the trip a lot...I wish I could go again to see those wonderful beaches again.. I dream of them very often... Guys.. girls, don't worry about sun tans... You just go there and enjoy..!! You'll get your skin colour back...!! Katharagama.. in the best time of the year..!! I'll remember these 3 days forever..!

No comments: